Here is our story of the campaign……
The campaign team worked amazingly hard,
-writing leaflets and the Grapevine newsletter,
– organising the printing,
– leaflet distribution throughout much of Longdendale,
-including to remote rural locations,
– collecting the objections,
– logging the hundreds of objections,
– studying planning documents and researching the issues,
– writing an 8-page website feature about the issues,
– photographing the march,
– writing up our campaign for the press,
– making waterproof placards for the march (good job we did too – it was a wet day!!),
– and waterproof backing boards for them,
Marching along Hyde Road
Marching through Gee Cross, along with our dogs!
– such as the Godley Green & Stalybridge group, with whom we marched, [here we are at our final destination, the Joshua Bradley pub in Gee Cross]
Much of the campaign work was done at short notice, with folk dropping all their other commitments!
Most of our team are really busy folk but have sacrificed their time because these objections would not have happened without it.
Even horses helped.
[en route from Mottram to Godley Green].
Thanks to everyone who helped in any way big or small throughout the campaign!
– including our four-footed friends!
For gallery of further images see here.